Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Goal

We have been instructed at A Round of Words in 80 Days to make public our writing goals for Round 1. My measurable goal is this: I intend to write at least 60,000 words on a new work of fiction.

Because we're advised to create daily or weekly goals for ourselves, this will break down to 750 words per day, and I intend to use 750 Words to write my daily count. This was actually why I chose the 60,000-word goal instead of something more grandiose like 80,000 (1,000 words per day).

The intent here, as I said in the introductory post, is to write more than I do. I love NaNoWriMo, but that seems to be the only time of the year I ever actually try to write. I hope to change that by participating in ROW80.

Oh, and we've also been invited to help you blog-hop by including the Linky code in the goal entry. I hope it works:



A Round of Words in 80 Days Round 1 starts January 3. (That's Monday, folks!) Write lots.

4 comments:

  1. Hope ROW80 helps too. I am excited about this challenge. Lots to gear up for in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to combine 750.com with ROW80. All the best meeting this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to pwn this, hands down!

    ReplyDelete