Thursday, February 2, 2012

Check-In: Week 5, Part I

Round 1 Goals:
  1. Re-read what is written on Untitled NaNoWriMo 2011 Project
  2. Finish first (and only) draft of Untitled NaNoWriMo 2011 Project
    • 500 words per day except Fridays or
    • 3,000 words per week
Hrm. Let me rummage through my Book of Excuses. ...used that one already. That one is just ludicrous. Oh, here we go! This one is actually the truth.

I've been sick for the last week or so. The reason this is more an excuse for not writing than a reason is that it hasn't been a debilitating illness. (I wrote Friday night, after all, when it was in its opening volley.) It hasn't stopped me from going to work. Or watching TV. Or checking my email every five minutes. I've even played Star Trek Online, for crying out loud! (Free-to-Play MMORPG? Yay!)

The good news is I'm on the upswing. I'm still congested and coughing (the cough is always the last thing to go), but even my coworkers have told me I sound a hell of a lot better today. (And just as I type that, I lapse into a coughing fit. Ain't that always the way?)

I can make no promises -- that's not my way. However, I can attempt to make it up in this second half of the week -- 1,000 words each of Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday? Maybe? We'll see.

These folks prolly aren't giving out excuses. Go cheer them on!

1 comment:

  1. Excuses? Tisk Tisk! ;) I do hope you start feeling better though. Good luck on catching up.

    ReplyDelete