Monday, February 6, 2012

Check-in: Week 5, Part II

Round 1 Goals:
  1. Re-read what is written on Untitled NaNoWriMo 2011 Project
  2. Finish first (and only) draft of Untitled NaNoWriMo 2011 Project
    • 500 words per day except Fridays or
    • 3,000 words per week
Well, flick? What do you have to say for yourself?

Um... I love chocolate?

Wrong! Look at your word count for week 5!

It says zero.

Exactly! And what's wrong with that picture?

Yeah, yeah. It means I didn't write at all this week. Cut me some slack; I've been sick!

That excuse only goes so far. You said so yourself in the last check-in.

Fine. You want me to admit I'm lazy? YOU GOT IT! I'm lazy!

Just so we're clear.



To be brutally honest, I just didn't feel like writing. The sickness reported in the last check-in eased up tremendously. I still have remnants, but it's not so bad now.

I'm also suffering from what happened the last time I did ROW80, in its inaugural round. As reported in March when that round ended, writing is a low priority in my life. I'm not a writer. I acknowledge that freely. Even so, I enjoy the madcap pace of November writing, and somehow keep manifesting the delusion that I can transfer that into other parts of the year.

We might have to call in Kevin Costner to motivate me. There's nothing like the threat of having to watch what is reportedly Costner's worst movie ever (Waterworld) to spur me into doing what needs doing. For the record, I despise Kevin Costner.

If week 6 produces no writing, that may be the thing I need to get the words going.

We'll see.

Here's the Blog Hop for this check-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment