Sunday, February 26, 2012

Check-In: Week 8

Round 1 Goals:
  1. (DONE) Re-read what is written on Untitled NaNoWriMo 2011 Project
  2. Finish first (and only) draft of Untitled NaNoWriMo 2011 Project
    • 500 words per day except Fridays or
    • 3,000 words per week

I missed the first update of the week, so we'll call this the Total Week 8 Update.

0 words of the 3,000-word goal. Again. (I make no delusions about writing today. It just ain't gonna happen.) I've pretty much quit. Again.

But these folks ain't quitters!

2 comments:

  1. If it's not happening, you may need to scale back. I got sick during this round, and I've had to move from goal from 2,500 to 1,500 words per week. I think it's better to have smaller goals and meet them than stare at the bigger goal and get discouraged.

    Take that advice with a grain of salt, since I don't have the full picture of what's going on. Just hang in there. Get something on the page. Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, time to invoke the 5 minute rule. Forget the 3k. Forget the 500 per day. You flickguy need to take 5 minutes of your 1440 minutes available in the day and try to write. I know we're all slammed and live in a chaotic world, but you and I both know you can write for 5 minutes. In fact, I don't want you to write more than 5 minutes. I just want you to write 5 minutes. I'll wait. Go. Yes, go now. Write 5 minutes. Even if you only write 50 words, that's more than 0. Chop. Chop. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete