Monday, March 5, 2012

Check-in: Week 9, Part II

Round 1 Goals:
  1. (DONE) Re-read what is written on Untitled NaNoWriMo 2011 Project
  2. Finish first (and only) draft of Untitled NaNoWriMo 2011 Project
    • 500 words per day except Fridays or
    • 3,000 words per week

This is the point in the program where I would normally be beating myself up. Having 0 words to report each time I do a progress report will do that to me.

Today, though, I'm not going to do that. Yes, there are still 0 words to report, but this time, I wrote words on a different kind of story. (And no, it's not the kind of story I'm adding to my ROW80 goals.)

I'm a simmer. This just means I like to play The Sims games. Even though The Sims 3 has been the game on the market for the last few years, I'm still also playing The Sims 2. This weekend, I pulled out an old neighborhood from a back-up drive and started playing. It's the 'hood for a website project that lay dormant for more than four years. This weekend, I wrote two entries' worth. (Seven households each.) I didn't count the words, but there were enough of them not to feel all gloomy and morose about having 0 for ROW80.

And no, there's no link -- my coding "skills" are trapped back in the 1990's.

Might there be progress all around the ROW80 globe?

No comments:

Post a Comment